Dell EMC Unity XT 680 Hybrid Flash Storage
No compromise midrange storage. Designed for performance, optimized for efficiency and built for multi-cloud.
- Unified block, file, and VMware VVols support
- Delivers up to 8.0PB max raw capacity
- Up to 5:1 data reduction
- Protects investment with the Future-Proof Program (support agreement required)
Cover the widest range of SAN and NAS workloads with the Dell EMC Unity XT 680 hybrid flash. This unified storage platform is designed for performance and is NVMe-ready to deliver high-speed access to business data with the ability to simultaneously run mixed application workloads, process inline data reduction, and provide data services with no performance overhead.
Dell EMC Unity XT 680 is also optimized for efficiency with up to 5:1 data reduction to reduce storage footprint and lower TCO. Plus, you will be able to enable your multi-cloud strategy whether you are looking for disaster recovery as a service in the cloud, integration with VMware Cloud Foundation, deploying storage in the cloud, or automatically tiering data to the cloud.
Benefit from software capabilities such as point-in-time snapshots, local and remote data replication, built-in encryption, and deep integrations with VMware, Microsoft, and OpenStack. Automated tiering and flash caching ensure active data benefits from flash performance.
Gain intelligent insight into your storage health with CloudIQ, which provides cloud-based proactive monitoring and predictive analytics. Additionally, ongoing operation is simple with proactive assistance and automated remote support.
- Modern: 2U NVMe-ready design future proofs the investment; scalable to 1500 drives
- Powerful: Dual-socket Intel CPUs, more cores and memory drive more performance with less latency than previous generations
- Efficiency: Higher system efficiency and DRR deliver more effective usable capacity lowering TCO
- Simple: Installs in 15 minutes, configure in 10 minutes with intuitive easy-to-use webbased (HTML5) management
- Flexible: Deploy as physical, software defined or converged infrastructure systems - all sharing one OS
Benefits to you
- Performance: New processors drive more Read, Write and Mixed workload performance accelerating virtualized workloads with less latency.
- Efficiency: Dell EMC Unity XT hybrid arrays are 85% efficient delivering more effective usable capacity and higher data reduction rates in all flash storage pools.
- Consolidation: Consolidate all your mixed workloads (file, block, VVOL data) on a single array and storage pool.
Built for multi-cloud
- Multiple paths to the cloud: Integrated with VMWare Cloud Foundation, Cloud Tiering Appliance, CloudIQ, Cloud Storage Services for DRaaS and workload migration and Dell EMC Unity Cloud Edition.
Unlock data capital with Dell EMC
IDC predicts that by 2025, more than 163 zettabytes of data will be created in that one year alone challenging companies to not only effectively manage data on this massive scale but leverage it through analytics to turn it into data capital. Managing data at this scale has strong implications for IT infrastructure. Requirements around performance, capacity expansion, availability, and automation are all essential. The new Dell EMC Unity XT Series meets these challenges today and innovation will continue to take customers to new heights in the future.
If you are looking for raw all flash power, great efficiency, and absolute simplicity in a small footprint, then Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Flash Storage is for you. Designed and optimized for virtualized workloads, these new and modern hardware platforms deliver more performance and a fraction of the latency than previous generations making them a perfect fit for running your business applications wherever they are located and getting ahead of your IT transformation.
Designed for performance and optimized for efficiency
Engineered from the ground-up to meet market demands hybrid storage performance, efficiency and lifecycle simplicity, Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Flash Arrays are NVMe-ready, implement a dual active architecture, contain dual socket Intel processors with up to 16- cores and more system memory. All these modern features enable Dell EMC Unity XT to deliver more performance and less latency compared to previous generations.
Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Arrays also include significant efficiency gains. These arrays reduce system overhead to provide 85% platform efficiency. When you turn on the inline data reduction features to combine with the platform efficiency, you’ll get up to 31% more effective capacity than many other midrange systems. Dell EMC Unity XT also includes an efficient self-service migration utility right from the GUI to seamlessly migrate file and block data from legacy Dell EMC products and select competitive systems.
Whether you are looking to start small or scale to hundreds of terabytes of usable capacity, these modern All-Flash systems have you covered.
Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Storage Arrays start in a sleek 2U form factor with a modern architecture designed to take full advantage of flash technology deployed in a hybrid or allflash storage pool for the best performance with the economics of disk. The design includes linear multicore scaling, inline data reduction with zero detect for block and file with all-flash pools, zero impact drive firmware-based garbage collection, write coalescing minimizing IO, and intelligent wear leveling capabilities, and NAND TLC drives. The Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid systems also come with FAST Cache for improving performance IO and FAST VP for auto-tiering efficiency. A high-density enclosure supports eighty flash drives in just three rack units, for even greater space efficiency.
Built for multi-cloud
Customers now demand their storage infrastructure be cloud-ready. Dell EMC Unity XT was designed for a multi-cloud world, so you can easily leverage the new Dell EMC Unity XT platforms when deploying any of these cloud options:
Cloud Data Services
- Dell EMC Cloud Storage Services - Connect Dell EMC Unity XT, consumed as a service, directly to the public cloud(s) of your choice through a high-speed, low latency connection. This enables users to gain the economic benefits of cloud as well as the high-availability and durability of persistent Dell EMC Unity XT storage while maintaining complete control of data. Plus, VMware customers can deploy an automated DRaaS solution with Dell EMC Unity XT in VMware Cloud on AWS for seamless, enterprise-grade, pay-as-you-go DR in the cloud. Cloud Storage Services additionally offers agile, multi-cloud support allowing users to leverage multiple clouds and easily and quickly switch clouds for use cases such as workload migration, analytics, test/dev and more to maximize business outcomes.
- Dell EMC Cloud Edition - a full featured Dell EMC Unity XT software-defined storage solution deployed with VMware Cloud on the AWS cloud. for running a VDI environment in VMware Cloud, Test/Dev, or replication services to a third site.
Cloud Connected Systems
- Dell EMC Cloud Tiering Appliance - an automated policy-based solution to perform file tiering and block archiving to a multi-cloud environment freeing up capacity and reducing backup windows.
Dell Technologies Cloud Platform
- Integrated with VMware Cloud Foundation - the first external storage platform to be validated for use with VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), Dell EMC Unity XT enables you to easily provision storage for VCF with Dell EMC Unity XT NFS using best of breed components.
Cloud Data Insights
- CloudIQ - Delivers Infrastructure Insight right into the palm of your hand. This free, cloud-based application lets you easily monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot your storage environment from anywhere. With no software to install, it uses predictive analytics to immediately begin providing comprehensive health scores for all your storage. The best IT issue is the one that never happens.
All-inclusive software + more
All-inclusive, feature rich, array-based software comes standard with every Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Storage model. Optional offerings include differentiated hardware and software deployment options, availability and mobility, protection and networking options. Dell EMC Unity Hybrid Flash systems include FAST Cache and FAST VP for performance and efficiency gains as well as limited warranty, with enhanced and premium options available.
The ultimate in simplicity & all-flash value
Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Flash Storage Arrays bring you unparalleled simplicity to combine with compelling performance, efficiency, and a modern design that’s built for a multi-cloud world. With ease of installation, an intuitive user interface, predictive analytics and on-line help desk, Dell EMC Unity XT Hybrid Flash arrays set the standard for simplicity in the midrange storage market. Flexible deployment options are also available to meet the needs of resourceconstrained IT professionals in large or small companies.
Choice and flexibility for deployment and support
We continue to expand our Services with a focus on making it easier than ever to purchase, consume, adopt and optimize technology from a single source. Whether purchasing a single system or planning a transformational expansion across the data center, we’re architecting the most adaptive, intelligent service experience -- all with less customer effort and an accelerated path to productivity including:
- ProDeploy and ProDeploy Plus - Get more out of technology starting day one
- ProSupport and ProSupport Plus - Comprehensive support for complex environments
- Optimize for Storage - In-depth analysis and strategic guidance to keep systems optimized and configured for peak performance
- Data Migration Services - Move data faster, more securely and with minimal disruption
|Dell EMC Unity XT 680 Hybrid Flash Specifications|
|Processors||Intel Xeon dual-socket processors|
|Drive Enclosure||2.5" (2U), 25 drives
2.5" (3U), 80 drives
3.5" (3U), 15 drives
|Included Software||Dell EMC Unity XT Base Software
CloudIQ predictive storage analytics
|Max FAST Cache||Up to 3.2 TBs|
|Max Raw Capacity||8.0 PB|
|Memory per Array||384 GB|
|Compares To||NetApp AFF
|Unity XT 380||Unity XT 480||Unity XT 680||Unity XT 880|
|CPU (per SP)||Single-socket 6c/1.7GHz||Dual-socket 8c/1.8GHz||Dual-socket 12c/2.1GHz||Dual-socket 16c/2.1GHz|
|Memory (per SP)||64GB||96GB||192GB||384GB|
|Max Raw Capacity||2.4PB||4.0PB||8.0PB||16.0PB|
|CAN/Mezz Ports||8/16Gb FC,
|IO Modules||10 GbE Base T,
Solutions & Services:
Dell EMC Unity hybrid flash products come with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty. All software comes with the EMC Software Warranty. Dell EMC Unity product offerings include Proactive Management and Monitoring tools.
Proactive Management and Monitoring (no charge)
- Proactive Assist - Self-service support portal and community. Offers live chat, videos, documentation, direct parts ordering, system views, dial-home assistance, and more. Requires Dell EMC Secure Remote Services (ESRS).
- CloudIQ - SaaS management dashboard that provides intelligent proactive analytics about performance, capacity, and configuration for reporting and remediation. Available by request.
- ProSupport for Enterprise (formerly Enhanced, Premium Support) - 24x7 remote technical support, options for next business day or 4-hour mission critical onsite response, automated issue detection, self-service case initiation, and hypervisor, operating environment software and OS support
- ProSupport Plus for Enterprise - Includes all ProSupport for Enterprise features, plus priority access to ProSupport Plus engineers, a designated Technology Service Manager, regular assessments and recommendations, monthly reporting, and systems maintenance guidance
- ProDeploy for Enterprise - Integrate new technology into existing environments with confidence through extensive planning and validation by expert certified engineers.
- ProDeploy Plus for Enterprise - The most complete enterprise deployment offer available in the market, ensures you are ready for today and prepared for tomorrow.
- Basic Deployment - Consistent installation of enterprise hardware by experienced technicians. Worry-free installations give you the freedom to focus on your business.
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.