Dell EMC PowerScale F200 All-Flash NAS Storage
Accelerate demanding file workloads with extreme performance and efficiency
PowerScale helps you unlock the structure within your data and to address the challenges with unstructured data management. PowerScale is the next evolution of the OneFS - the operating system powering the industry’s leading scale-out NAS platform. The PowerScale family includes Isilon nodes, PowerScale nodes and PowerScale OneFS running across all of them. The software defined architecture of OneFS give you simplicity at scale, intelligent insights and the ability to have any data anywhere it needs to be - at the edge, core or cloud. Whether it is hosting file shares or home directories or delivering high performance data access for applications like analytics, video rendering and life sciences, PowerScale can seamlessly scale performance, capacity and efficiency to handle any unstructured data workload. The PowerScale platforms co-exist seamlessly in the same cluster with your existing Isilon nodes to drive your traditional and modern applications.
Scale-out storage that is ready for any workload
As your business changes, your infrastructure needs to change with it. Be ready for what's coming next:
Support any workload
- Choose from all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes for the best fit for your data
- Run multiple data protocols with simultaneous access to avoid storage silos
- Deploy as a NAS appliance, in APEX- or in the Cloud
Scalable data management
- Scale up, down or out non-disruptively to tens of petabytes
- Scan and index billions of files across your environment with DataIQ
- Manage your storage infrastructure with a single UI with CloudIQ
Protect your data
- Built-in availability, redundancy, security, data protection and replication with OneFS
- Protect from cyber attacks with integrated ransomware defense and smart AirGap
- Designed for 6x9s availability
Dell EMC PowerScale All-Flash Platforms
The PowerScale family of all-flash nodes - powered by OneFS - can drive workloads at the edge, in the datacenter or in the cloud. These nodes are available in a cost-effective all-flash form factor which deliver blazing performance and massive capacity to address the needs of the modern workloads of today and tomorrow. PowerScale is well suited to store and manage your unstructured data across all industries and vertical markets for use cases like big data analytics, HPC, safety and security, and genomics.
PowerScale OneFS is the operating system powering the industry’s leading scale-out NAS platforms that enables you to innovate with your data. The PowerScale family includes Dell EMC PowerScale platforms and the Dell EMC Isilon platforms configured with the PowerScale OneFS operating system. OneFS provides the intelligence behind the highly scalable, high-performance modular storage solution that can grow with your business. A OneFS powered cluster is composed of a flexible choice of storage platforms including all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes. These solutions provide the performance, choice, efficiency, flexibility, scalability, security and protection for you to store massive amounts of unstructured data within a cluster. The PowerScale all-flash platforms co-exist seamlessly in the same cluster with your existing Isilon nodes to drive your traditional and modern applications.
The PowerScale all-flash storage platforms - powered by the PowerScale OneFS operating system - provide a powerful yet simple scale-out storage architecture to speed up access to massive amounts of unstructured data while dramatically reducing cost and complexity. The platforms are available in several product lines:
- PowerScale F900: Provides the maximum performance of all-NVMe drives in a cost-effective configuration to address the storage needs of demanding workloads. Each node is 2U in height and hosts 24 NVMe SSDs. It allows you to scale raw storage capacity from 46 TB to 368 TB per node and up to 93 PB of raw capacity per cluster. The F900 includes in-line compression and deduplication. The minimum number of PowerScale nodes per cluster is three while the maximum cluster size is 252 nodes. The F900 is best suited for Media and Entertainment 8K, genomics, algorithmic trading, artificial intelligence, machine learning and HPC workloads
- PowerScale F600: With NVMe drives, the F600 provides larger capacity with massive performance in a cost-effective compact form factor to power demanding workloads. Each node allows you to scale raw storage capacity from 15.36 TB to 122.8 TB and up 2 | Dell EMC PowerScale All-Flash Family Spec Sheet © 2021 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. to 30.96 PB of raw storage per cluster. The F600 includes inline software data compression and deduplication. The minimum number of nodes per cluster is three while the maximum cluster size is 252 nodes. The F600 is best suited for M&E studios, hospitals and financials that need performance and capacity for demanding workloads
- PowerScale F200: Provides the performance of flash storage in a cost-effective form factor to address the needs of a wide variety of workloads. Each node allows you to scale raw storage capacity from 3.84 TB to 30.72 TB and up to 7.7 PB of raw capacity per cluster. The F200 includes in-line compression and deduplication. The minimum number of PowerScale nodes per cluster is three while the maximum cluster size is 252 nodes. The F200 is best suited for remote offices, small M&E workloads, small hospitals, retail outlets, IoT, factory floor and other similar deployment scenarios.
- Isilon F800: Provides massive performance and capacity. It delivers up to 250,000 IOPS and up to 15 GB/s aggregate throughput in a single chassis configuration and up to 15.75M IOPS and up to 945 GB/s of aggregate throughput in a 252 node cluster. Each chassis houses 60 SSDs with a capacity choice of 1.6 TB, 3.2 TB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB or 15.36 TB per drive. This allows you to scale raw storage capacity from 96 TB to 924 TB in a single 4U chassis and up to 58 PB raw storage in a single cluster.
- Isilon F810: Provides massive performance and capacity along with inline data compression and deduplication capabilities to deliver extreme efficiency. The F810 delivers up to 250,000 IOPS and up to 15 GB/sec aggregate throughput in a single chassis configuration and up to 15.75M IOPS and up to 945 GB/s of aggregate throughput in a 252 node cluster. Each F810 chassis houses 60 SSDs with a capacity choice of 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB or 15.36 TB per drive. This allows you to scale raw storage capacity from 230 TB to 924 TB in a 4U chassis and up to 58 PB of raw storage in a single cluster.
It’s not just data, it’s your business
A large portion of your data is unstructured data and that dataset is growing exponentially - not just in the datacenter but at the enterprise edge and in the cloud. PowerScale OneFS powered scale-out storage solutions are designed for organizations that want to manage all their data, not their storage. Our storage systems are powerful yet simple to install, manage and scale to virtually any size. The storage includes a choice of PowerScale and Isilon all-flash, hybrid or archive nodes to meet the most demanding business needs. And, unlike traditional enterprise storage, these solutions stay simple no matter how much storage capacity is added, how much performance is required or how business needs change in the future.
In a world where unstructured data is growing rapidly and taking over the data center, organizations are looking for ways to get more out of their data. Whether it is driving innovation, getting to market faster or creating differentiation, they want the data to start creating value. Instead of thinking of destinations for your data, you think about what the data is going to be used for, who will be using it and how the data will help you solve for their business needs. When you have a data first mindset, the goal is to get any data to where it needs to be for business needs. Whether it is all-flash Edge offerings or the cloud to take advantage of the tools and access, data must be located where it needs to be for the business
With OneFS powered clusters consisting of PowerScale or Isilon nodes, you can eliminate storage silos, consolidate all your unstructured data, store petabytes of file data and analyze them in a data first world. With up to 252 nodes in a cluster, you can scale both capacity and performance in a few minutes to meet your specific business needs-all without any additional IT burden. With the performance of all-flash node that are configured with NVMe, you can drive demanding workloads like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- PowerScale enables you to derive value and innovate with your unstructured data
- Address challenges with your unstructured data management
- NVMe PowerScale nodes deliver high performance storage
- Simply manage data at the edge, datacenter and cloud
- Massive capacity and performance scalability
- Reduced costs with unmatched storage efficiency, deduplication and compression
- Optimize resources with tiered storage of all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes
- Operational flexibility with multiprotocol support
- High availability and resilient data protection
OneFS Operating System Powers Scale-Out Storage Solutions
The OneFS operating system provides the intelligence behind the highly scalable, high-performance modular storage solution that can grow with your business. With support for all-flash and NVMe, OneFS can help you accelerate processes and workflows while scaling easily to handle massive growth and providing the highest levels of data protection. This is all provided in a storage solution designed for unmatched ease of use.
Orchestrated by OneFS, all components in a cluster work to create a unified pool of highly efficient storage-with a storage utilization rate of up to 80 percent. With SmartDedupe data deduplication, you can further reduce your data storage requirements by up to 35 percent. The F900, F810, F200 and F600 all-flash platforms, the H5600, H700 and H7000 hybrid platforms and the A300 and A3000 archive platforms deliver improved data reduction with features like inline compression and deduplication to dramatically increase the effective storage capacity and density of your storage solution. The unmatched efficiency of the storage systems means that less physical storage and space is required to house the same amount of data-reducing both initial capital outlay and ongoing costs. With the OneFS AutoBalance function, you can quickly and easily add nodes without downtime, manual data migration, or application logic reconfiguration, saving precious IT resources. Because the storage is so easy to manage, it requires fewer IT resources for storage administration than traditional storage systems, which further reduces overall operating costs.
You can streamline your storage infrastructure by consolidating large-scale unstructured data assets thus eliminating silos of storage. OneFS powered solutions include integrated support for a wide range of industry-standard protocols, including Internet Protocols IPv4, and IPv6, NFS, SMB, S3, HTTP, FTP and HDFS. As a result, you can simplify workflows, accelerate business analytics projects, support cloud initiatives and get more value from your enterprise applications and data.
Massive stores of data present unique management challenges including disaster recovery, quota management and offsite replication. OneFS data protection and management software provides you with powerful tools that help you protect your data assets, control costs and optimize the storage resources and system performance of your big data environment.
Drive Human Progress with PowerScale Storage Appliances
AI - Unleashed
PowerScale is the foundation for building an integrated and optimized IT infrastructure for AI initiatives, from POC to production. The integration and optimization showcased includes PowerScale, PowerEdge, PowerSwitch and Dell Precision Data Science Workstations.
Imagination - Unlimited
Ideal for companies of any size from small VFX houses to multi-national broadcasters, Dell EMC PowerScale storage provides a foundation for storytelling offering secure collaboration, modular expansion, flexible consumption models and easy cloud integration, all with management tools spanning multiple platforms.
Sequencing - Unbounded
Dell EMC Unstructured Data Solutions portfolio is a key aspect of a next-generation sequencing environment by delivering performance, being easy to manage, and accelerating whole-genome sequencing.
Enterprise Data Protection and Management Software
Massive stores of data present unique management challenges including disaster recovery, quota management and offsite replication. Isilon data protection and management software provides you with powerful tools that help you protect your data assets, control costs and optimize the storage resources and system performance of your big data environment.
|SmartDedupe||Data management||Increase efficiency and reduce storage capacity requirements with deduplication of redundant data across multiple sources|
|CloudIQ||Data management||Simplify the storage management tasks of PowerScale, Isilon and other Dell hardware with predictive analytics capabilities from a single console|
|DataIQ||Data management||Locate, access and manage data and gain a holistic view across heterogeneous storage systems with a single pane of glass|
|SmartQuotas||Data management||Assign and manage quotas at the cluster, directory, user, and group levels|
|InsightIQ||Performance management||Performance monitoring and reporting|
|SnapshotIQ||Data protection||Protect data efficiently and speed the recovery of critical data with ondemand snapshot restores|
|SYNCIQ||Data replication||Securely replicate data sets to multiple sites for reliable disaster recovery and use push-button failover and failback|
|SmartLock||Data retention||Protect your critical data against accidental, premature, or malicious alteration or deletion and meet compliance and governance needs|
|SmartConnect||Data access||Enable client connection load balancing and the dynamic failover and failback of client connections|
|CloudPools||Resource management||Seamless tiering of cold or frozen data to public or private cloud providers|
|SmartPools||Resource management||Tiered storage strategy to optimize storage performance and efficiency|
|Dell EMC PowerScale F200 All-Flash Specifications|
|960 GB SSD||1.92 TB SSD||3.84 TB SSD||7.68 TB SSD|
|Raw node capacity||3.84 TB||7.68 TB||15.36 TB||30.72 TB|
|SSD drives (2.5") per node||4||4||4||4|
|Self-Encrypting drive (SED SSD) FIPS 140-2 compliant option||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Operating system||PowerScale OneFS 9.0 or later|
|ECC memory (per node)||48 GB or 96 GB|
|Front-end networking (per node)||Dual port 25G NIC supporting 10G or 25G connections (SFP+/SFP28)|
|Infrastructure networking (per node)||2 InfiniBand connections with QDR links or Dual port 25G NIC supporting 10G or 25G connections (SFP+/SFP28)|
|Max Power Consumption @ 200~240V (per node)1||239 Watts (@25°C)|
|Typical thermal rating||815.5 BTU/hr|
|Scale-Out Architecture||Distributed fully symmetric clustered architecture that combines modular storage with OneFS operating system in a single volume, single namespace and single filesystem|
|Modular Design||Four self-contained Isilon nodes include server, software, HDDs and SSDs in a 4U rack-mountable chassis. 1U or 2U Rack-mountable PowerScale node that integrates into existing PowerScale and Isilon clusters with backend Ethernet or InfiniBand connectivity|
|Operating System||PowerScale OneFS distributed file system creates a cluster with a single file system and single global namespace. It is fully journaled, fully distributed, and has a globally coherent write/read cache|
|High Availability||No-single-point-of-failure. Self-healing design protects against disk or node failure; includes back-end intra-cluster failover|
|Scalability||A cluster can scale up to 252 nodes. Minimum number of Isilon nodes per cluster is four. Minimum number of PowerScale all-flash nodes per cluster is three. Add nodes to scale performance and capacity|
|Data Protection||FlexProtect file-level striping with support for N+1 through N+4 and mirroring data protection schemes|
|2-way NDMP||Supports two ports of Fibre Channel (8G) that allows for two-way NDMP connections and two ports of standard 10GbE connectivity|
|Data Retention||SmartLock policy-based retention and protection against accidental deletion|
|Security||File system audit capability to improve security and control of your storage infrastructure and address regulatory compliance requirements|
|Efficiency||SmartDedupe data deduplication option, which can reduce storage requirements by up to 35 percent. Inline data reduction and compression available on F200, F600, F900, F810 and H5600|
|Automated Storage Tiering||Policy-based automated tiering options including SmartPools and CloudPools software to optimize storage resources and lower costs|
|Network Protocol Support||NFSv3, NFSv4, NFS Kerberized sessions (UDP or TCP), SMB1 (CIFS), SMB2, SMB3, SMB3-CA, Multichannel, HTTP, FTP, NDMP, SNMP, LDAP, HDFS, S3, ADS, NIS reads/writes|
|Data Replication||SyncIQ fast and flexible one-to-many file-based asynchronous replication between clusters|
|Environmental Specification - Power|
|Heat dissipation (maximum)||2902 BTU/hr|
|Voltage||100-240V, 10 A - 5 A|
|Operating Environment||Compliant with ASHRAE A3 data center environment guidelines|
|Weight||48.28 lbs (21.9 kg)|
|Minimum Service Clearances||Front: 40” (88.9 cm), rear: 42” (106.7 cm)|
|PowerScale F200||PowerScale F600||PowerScale F900||Isilon F800||Isilon F810|
|Use Case||Edge and small deployments||Demanding line of business and AI applications||HPC, massive Performance workloads||High performance workloads||High performance workloads|
|Raw node capacity||3.84 TB to 30.72 TB||15.36 TB to 122.8 TB||46 TB to 368 TB||24 TB to 230 TB||57 TB to 230 TB|
|ECC memory (per node)||48 GB or 96 GB||128, 192 or 384 GB||768 GB||256 GB||256 GB|
|Nodes per cluster||3 to 252||3 to 252||6 to 504||4 to 252||4 to 252|
|Raw cluster capacity||11 TB to 7.7 PB||46 TB to 30 PB||138 TB to 93 PB||96 TB to 58 PB||230 TB to 58 PB|
|Inline Data Reduction||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Storage Type||SSD||NVMe SSD||NVMe SSD||SSD||SSD|
Safety and EMI Compliance
This Information Technology Equipment is compliant with the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and product safety regulations/standards required by the countries in which the product is sold. EMC compliance is based on FCC part 15, CISPR22/CISPR24 and EN55022/EN55024 standards, including applicable international variations. EMC compliant Class A products are marketed for use in business, industrial, and commercial environments. Product Safety compliance is based on IEC 60950-1 and EN 60951-1 standards, including applicable national deviations.
This Information Technology Equipment is in compliance with EU RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
1 Values at <25° C are reflective of more steady state maximum values during normal operation
Solutions & Services:
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. Dell EMC has expert services* for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust Dell EMC experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.