MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Servers
simplifies data protection with backups for smaller server workloads
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Server backup made easy
MozyEnterprise® for servers simplifies data protection with backups for smaller server workloads, such as those at remote and branch offices. By configuring backups to run at specific times of day, including after business hours, MozyEnterprise can help eliminate resource strain and costly manual oversight. Back up automatically or schedule your backups daily, weekly, or even multiple times a day.
This simplified management solution for online backup ensures that important print and file servers, databases, and business-critical applications are backed up safely and are easily accessible. Should you need to recover data, Mozy backs up all the elements you need to do a restore.
MozyEnterprise supports common Windows applications such as Microsoft SQL, Exchange, COM+, Distributed File System, and others. MozyEnterprise also supports OS X as well as common Linux distributions, including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat and Ubuntu; and backs up VMware vSphere VMs and Microsoft Hyper-V.
The MozyEnterprise difference
MozyEnterprise offers support for a wide array of server workloads in your enterprise. The solution's world-class security provides enterprise-grade encryption, including the option of a customer-managed encryption key. Mozy's powerful admin console includes rich features that enable centralized administration, viewing and reporting of status of all backups in your enterprise as well as delegation of administrative responsibility to subadministrators that you may have in remote or branch offices. MozyEnterprise also includes Mozy 2xProtect™ for Windows, delivering both a local and an offsite copy of your backed up files for double protection.
This set-it-and-forget-it backup solution reduces complexity by providing secure, scalable cloud-based backups that protects information offsite in a secure data center where it can be accessed remotely when needed. Save time and money with an enterprise-grade data backup solution that's easy to set up, doesn't require additional capital investment, and minimizes administrative overhead.
Back up server-specific applications
MozyEnterprise backs up common Microsoft applications and file and print servers, including:
- Network shares
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Active Directory
- COM+ services
- SYSVOL directory share
- Windows Registry database
Rich platform support
MozyEnterprise supports a wide variety of platforms:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0, 7 and Vista; and Server 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, and 2008
- Linux distributions, including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat, and Ubuntu
- VMware vSphere (vCenter 5.5 or 6.0 with ESXi Server 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, or 6.0)
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Backup for vSphere
If your environment is like most organizations, you probably run your applications on a combination of different types of servers. MozyEnterprise not only provides reliable cloud backup for your physical servers, it backs up your VMware vSphere VMs. The solution is suitable for smaller server workloads and includes these benefits:
- Centrally manage all VM backups from vCenter as well as from the feature-rich Mozy Admin Console.
- Back up entire VM image for image-level recovery.
- Benefit from multiple restore options; full restore of VM, efficient rollback restore of VM to an earlier restore point, and restore of files from inside the VM image.
Mozy Support is equipped with well-informed representatives who know the service, understand your technical configurations, and can help you resolve issues quickly. The Mozy Support team is available to Mozy customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mozy Support includes a knowledge base, tutorials, Mozy Community, documentation, live online chat, phone support, and a support case portal.
Mozy Support is the recipient of two Stevie Awards, which recognize Mozy in the Best Use of Technology in Customer Service for Computer Software and Services category.
Seamlessly manage backup, sync, and mobile access for multi-user and server environments from a single web-based console.
Your data is safe with enterprisegrade encryption, world-class data centers, and EMC-a company built to last.
Keep costs low with no hardware to purchase and minimal overhead required.
Features and benefits
- File scanning: Back up millions of files effortlessly with advanced file scanning.
- Data seeding: The initial upload of data to the cloud can be slow over the wire; Mozy® Data Shuttle™ for Windows lets you move gigabytes or terabytes data to the cloud quickly.
- Forever-incremental backups: After initial backup, Mozy backs up only new or changed portions of files, saving bandwidth and ensuring that future backups are fast.
- Single-instance storage: Duplicate files across your environment are backed up only once, saving you bandwidth.
- Bandwidth throttling: Bandwidth usage can be throttled so that more or less of your upload bandwidth is used.
- Easy account management: Manage servers from anywhere with the online Mozy Admin Console and generate custom reports with detailed information regarding the backup health of your account.
- Pooled storage: Set up your servers to draw from pooled storage at the organizational or user group level, reducing the need to manage storage for each individual machine.
- Automatic or scheduled backups: Mozy manages your backups so you don't have to. Back up automatically or schedule your backups daily, weekly, or even multiple times a day.
- Open and locked files: Back up all open and locked files.
- Print and file servers and applications: Back up print and file servers and business-critical applications, including Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.
- Customized configurations: Set policies on bandwidth usage and backup speeds, create customized backup sets, or define which file types should be backed up.
- Reliable data restores: Browse and search your backed up files, then restore any file versions created up to 90 days in the past. Files may be restored by using our web portal, software client, or by ordering a media restore.
- Local backup: Back up locally to an external device as well as to the EMC cloud for double protection with Mozy 2xProtect for Windows.
- Cost-effective backup: Choose the storage plan you need and back up as many servers as you want for one price.
- Encryption: Backup data is encrypted locally with enterprise-grade encryption prior to transfer, during transfer, and while at rest in the EMC cloud. Multiple encryption key options, including a customer-managed encryption key, provide added security.
- World-class data centers: EMC data centers employ the highest protection standards, including state-of-the-art security with 24x7x365 onsite monitoring.
- Maintain regulatory compliance: Mozy helps companies comply with standards such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), European Safe Harbor, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), EU federal data protection acts, and more.
- Audits and certifications: Mozy has successfully completed a Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE 16) examination and is International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC 27001) certified.
Download the MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Servers Datasheet (PDF).