Dell EqualLogic PS6500 Series
Next Generation iSCSI Storage
EqualLogic's PS6500 iSCSI SAN series helps drive a balance between cost and performance
The PS6500 series models combine EqualLogic virtualized architecture with a dense serial ATA (SATA) package to provide affordable, enterprise-capable tiered storage. They deliver low total cost of ownership with both excellent cost-per-GB and comprehensive SAN management and protection software. Help save money, space and energy by consolidating with the PS6500E and PS6500X arrays.
With EqualLogic Firmware v5.2, you can take advantage of new features such as:
- Enhancements to Ethernet with Data Center Bridging which can provide deterministic performance and a converged SAN and LAN network, designed to greatly reduce or eliminate dropped packets (10GbE arrays only)
- Sub-volume auto-tiering with enhanced load balancing for optimized storage pool performance
- VMware Thin Provisioning awareness for vSphere™ v5.0 designed to provide a new level of reliability using thin provisioned volumes and facilitate graceful data recovery
Multi-tiering with enhanced VMware integration
- Reduces time dedicated to VMware provisioning by up to 80%
- Intelligent tiering of data helps deliver more responsive interactions for your users
|EqualLogic PS6500 Series Models|
Organizations seeking a low total cost of ownership with both excellent cost-per-GB and comprehensive SAN management and protection software.
Organizations seeking a high-performance, high-density SAS solution for capacity-intensive primary applications.